RESPONSE FOR LIFE
HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
This course provides practical training for workers within an education and care setting to respond to first aid emergencies in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
It teaches how to identify illness or injury, access emergency services, safely provide first aid treatment using action plans, equipment and resources, for CPR, defibrillation, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, immobilisation for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, for bleeding and shock and other conditions.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, managing an infant or child with an acute illness, or who requires an immediate ambulance response and conveying incident details to parents, caregivers and emergency services.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
If you specifically need to complete HLTAID004 Provide emergency first aid response in an education and care setting for any reason, please contact us to discuss your options.
This course will be delivered:
- 100% Online Training – self paced online learning with a scheduled video conference practical assessment with a trainer.
- Or, in the workplace or at an Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO or third party facility.
Note: there may be variations due to NSW Health and COVID restrictions.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- 100% Online Training – self paced online learning with a scheduled 1.5 hour (minimum) video conference practical assessment with a trainer.
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 60 minutes face to face practical assessment.
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
- Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Students completing the 100% Online Course will require first aid training equipment for the video conference practical assessment session. Your training provider will arrange this upon your booking.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
It is recommended that renewal for this course is undertaken every 3 years, with the additional requirement of updating the CPR component every 12 months.
Course Fees & Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Equipment costs associated with 100% Online Training courses are non refundable.
Learner Rights, Responsibilities & Support
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Simulated First Aid Scenario – Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Get in touch
Enquire by filling in this contact form and we'll be in touch.