Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to recognise when someone is unconscious and not breathing normally (Cardiac Arrest) and increase their chance of survival by calling an ambulance and performing potentially lifesaving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), including using a defibrillator, until emergency services arrive to take over.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Course as referenced by training.gov.au or at: https://responseforlife.trainingdesk.com.au/
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at a Response For Life training facility.
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 2 hours (minimum) – with the addition of 1 hour self-paced learning
- Refresher training – 2 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
- Online Training with Face to Face Assessment – 3 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending 15 minute (minimum) face to face assessment.
Provider of Training and Assessment:
This course is delivered and assessed by Response For Life Australia Ltd in partnership and under the auspice of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including complaints
Please refer to the student handbook for all details relating to your rights and responsibilities.
Course Fees and Payments
The fee for this course is $65. *The course fee may vary depending on location and amount of people. It is always best to get in touch to confirm the price.
Refund and fee protection policy, including cooling-off period – please refer to the student handbook.
Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant.
- Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult.
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.