How To Change ZOLL AED Plus Defibrillator Batteries – Response For Life Tutorial
Julia from Response For Life shows us in the video below how to change the batteries on the ZOLL AED Plus Defibrillator.
How to know if your ZOLL AED Plus needs new batteries:
- The Red X on the front left of the ZOLL AED Plus will indicate if batteries need changing or something is wrong.
- The Defib will beep.
- It is close to 5 years since batteries were last changed.
- The unit has recently been used.
- The Defib says “change batteries” when turned ON.
- During a forced manual self test the Defib will say “change batteries”. To perform this, hold down the ON/OFF button for 5-10 seconds, or until the unit beeps softly. Wait a moment for the unit to advise.
What you need to replace your ZOLL AED Plus batteries:
- Brand new set of 10 x Lithium 123A Batteries (Duracell recommended by ZOLL).
- 10 cent coin.
To purchase new batteries CLICK HERE or contact us.
Steps to Replace the Batteries on a ZOLL AED Plus Defibrillator
Tutorial of how to change batteries on the ZOLL AED Plus Defibrillator in the above video. If it is not working the LINK IS HERE.
Detailed step by step walk through of how to change the batteries below.
Flip the unit over and remove the back cover.
Do this by pushing the 10 cent coin into the 2 slots at the base, one at a time, then use the coin to lift open the back cover.
Place the unit so that the handle is facing away from you. Then remove the existing batteries and dispose of them.
Insert the new 10 x Lithium 123A Batteries in the order shown below (remember to have the Defib handle facing away from you):
- Start from the Left side, inserting the first 4 batteries top to bottom.
- Then the right side, inserting the next 4 batteries top to bottom.
- Lastly, insert the middle 2 batteries top to bottom.
Once the batteries have been inserted in the correct order (step 3), the Defib will immediately start a self test and advise what Defib pads are connected.
Wait! The Defib will advise what to do next.
Follow the prompts to press the Blue Button, to confirm new batteries. The Defib will ask “if new batteries, press button.”
Put the back cover on the Defib and click it down into place. Turn the Defib over and check for the Green Tick in the front window.
The Green Tick will confirm the Defib is ready to use if needed.