Response For Life shows us in the video below how to replace the pads and battery on HeartSine Samaritan 500P Defibrillator.
How to know if your HeartSine Samaritan 500P needs new pads & battery:
- Pad-Pak (Pad and Battery Cartridge) expiry date will be approaching or exceeded.
Pad Expiry Indicated next to hourglass symbol on the back of the Defib.
Date order is (YYYY/MM/DD).
- The pads have been used (single use only).
- If the status indicator (intermittent light) is flashing red or not flashing at all the pad & battery may require changing.
(Status indicator example shown in step 4)
What you need :
New Pad and Battery (Pad Pak) Cartridge.
- New Adult Pad & Battery Cartridge
- New Child Pad & Battery Cartridge
- Response Kit
Steps to Replace the Pads and Battery on HeartSine Samaritan 500P AED Defibrillator
Remove the Defib from the case.
Simply unzip the yellow case.
Remove the cartridge at the base of the Defib.
Push and Hold in the 2 clips which are located on both sides of the cartridge and pull out the cartridge as shown above.
Insert the New Cartridge.
Turn the Defib over, so that the bottom is facing upright. Then slide in the new cartridge until it clicks into place.
There should now be a green flashing light on the face of the Defib.
All Done – You can now place the Defib back into the yellow case and zip it up.