Response For Life demonstrates how to change ZOLL AED 3 Defibrillator battery.
How to know if your ZOLL AED 3 defibrillator needs a new battery:
- The defib will NOT indicate a green tick (check) in the front-facing window, also referred to as the status indicator. This means the window will be blank as shown in the photo.
- The Defib will beep.
- It is around 3 to 5 years since the batteries were last changed.
- The unit has recently been used.
What you need:
- Brand new ZOLL AED 3 Battery
- Your ZOLL AED 3 defibrillator
Steps to Replace the ZOLL AED 3 Defibrillator Battery
Flip the defib over and remove the pad packet (Uni-padz).
Push in the two clips and remove the existing battery.
Insert the new ZOLL AED 3 battery by pushing it in place until you hear a click sound.
Slide the Uni-padz (pad packet) back into place.
Wait a moment. The Defib will perform a self-test.
The green tick (check) should now show in the front window (status indicator), which indicates the defibrillator is ready to save a life.
Make sure to conduct a regular inspection to ensure that your defibrillators are emergency-ready!
If you need a defibrillator or defib pads and batteries, feel free to contact us!